Monday, October 29, 2007

Fall leaves

Jared got home from his workout this morning and had found some really gigantic leaves. The kids immediately got themselves dressed to get outside and find some. We found some beauties and made some great art with them.

Have you ever seen such big leaves? These are the leaves that bring the loud screaming bugs in the humid summer. They also provide much needed shade! I think we could build a shelter out of them they are so large.

A different day standing in the sun for a picture. Same little farm path that Maya stood in a few months back in her green polka-dot dress.
Ender is such a good big brother!

Collecting leaves.

Ender got so many big leaves.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What kind of steroid leaves are those??? Seriously...I've never seen leaves like that before!

Leah said...

What the devil??? Are you kidding me with the size of those? Oh how I wish I had some of those for props for taking pictures of mini newborns on!

Cami said...

Those are incredible. We were at Willamette Park jumping in the leaves. Wish we could jump in a pile of those!

Rachel said...

Okay, so two things...I thought that was you in the green sweat shirt Lydia-and I'm not trying to be funny. And that picture of Maya in the pink coat holding the leaves steals my heart out of this town...whatever! I'm dying over these photos.

kg said...

Wow!!!! Love 'em!

Jessica said...

I'm so glad that little bits of your fall harvest are coming your way, your harvest will find you wherever you are! You are just finding them in a new light....I also love what you wrote about your anniversary, what a beautiful way to view and reflect upon your marriage and family, it made my heart thump for you! Loves and Loves and Loves to you.

Jade said...

you guys, I want you to know that I check your blog all the time and I have guilt over the fact that I never comment. I am lazy. But I love all the pictures you post (those kids are so full of personality) and seeing how different Korea is from Thailand. It will be really fun to compare our experiences when we get back home. When do you guys get back?

Fowler family said...

Those are huge!!! Bring one of those home for me!

MamaBear said...

Those leaves are so awesome! I bet that was a ton of fun. I thought that was you too in the green sweatshirt!! I had to do a double-take